Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi! I’m back. I came from Elbrus.

I worked a half a day in March 6. And at 2 o’clock, I went to the Vnukovo airport to meet Irina and together to fly to Mineralnie Vodi. That day was her birthday, so we drank two small bottles of whisky (50g) in the airport and sat in a plane. Two hours of flight and we are in south of Russia. Driver Vladimir already was waiting us near exit. It was 9pm. We put snowboard and skis in a luggage rack and left Mineralnie Vodi. There is 250km to go to Terskol. During the way mountains rose, different air, different sounds, first emotions are most important. We came to the reserved hotel Cheget at 12pm. everyone there was drunk (majority men), big hall, crazy music, native men in leather jackets. With difficulty I found a manager and she gave us room, very old broken and small, but it was enough that night and we were quite happy.

First day: We wake up early and without breakfast went to Elbrys by car (200 rub) first time I have seen real big mountain before me. We climbed by sky lift with spectacular view around. Not so many people and fast lifting, I was glad! We were in the Crugosor level (3000m). I boarded down carefully, and more and more… In that day we lifted on second level The Mir. There was 3500m and less people around, riding there was like it should be in Greenland (I guess) white snowdrifts around without clear route, small amount of oxygen and clouds around. We left right direction and were a lost. We were lying in snowdrifts on a slope and looked at crazy beauty around us. I couldn’t understand size of rock around, it’s very big to understand. It one of brand picture from journey. In the evening we found new hotel with better price and better room.

Second day. Someone told us Elbrus didn’t work, and we were forced to the nearby mountain Cheget. There were big lines of people but we passed it and lifted to second level Cheget-2 (3000). Atop we listened a snow-slip aside, from an opposite mountain. Cheget’s an interesting mountain with sharp slopes. But I climbed down only once because my headache and cold in my body. I went to the hotel, had dinner and went to bed. Ira was on the mountain skiing, very healthy girl. In the evening I got better and we drank hot wine with our new neighbors (young couple from Kursk).

Third day: We were very healthy, and I even remember nothing. I just lifted and climbed down many times, I learned better riding. In the evening we met with other couple from Moscow (they sent me SMS), they were quite crazy) we played game Uno in their room and even smoked)

Forth day: On that day we had last hope to lift in highest position in Elbrus - Priut. But like in previous days there was snowfall and we couldn’t. I was a little tired, my boarding was very careful. But Ira was great skier in that day too! At 5pm we gave our room and by bus came down to Mineralnie Vodi and took the train Vladikavkaz – Moscow.

We were in train two night and one day. Like always in train we slept and talked. I think it was closest period from our entire journey. Ira is strange but very attractive girl, I glade I had journey with her. On a morning we came to Moscow I went to work, Ira decided to have walk-day in Moscow. I a little tired but happy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment